Scotland the Glorious

We went to Scotland for our holidays. It's beautiful. I loved it.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Day 2


After a large breakfast with Adam and Jude (eggs brilliantly poached by Adam) we were off by 10ish. Weather grey but dry and it cleared up bit by bit and was sunny by the time we stopped for lunch near Glasgow. No traffic problems (again! amazing) and we arrived at Balmaha (not Balamory as Barney kept saying...just trying to confuse me)just in time for Barney to fall asleep in front of the football.
Disappointingly there was no tea making stuff in the room and the window had a notice on it saying please don't open the window. There was a fan but all it could do was push hot air around the room. Which was hot! But we were allowed free tea/coffee from the restaurant or bar 'on production of the room key'. Hmm, a bit of a trek for a cup of tea. But much needed so I trekked. And asked why the closed window. It seems the midges like our room. But we could have the window open till they started attacking us.
While Barney watched (some of) the football I went looking for a view and found it.
I went back to find Barney panicking somewhat as I'd left him in the little hot room with no keys! I let him out and we went up the loch side to explore. Spectacular views and ferocious midges. Definitely we will keep the window shut.

We went back to the hotel for steak and Atlantic Char. Were allowed to take (very nice) coffee back to our room and now, after writing and investigating routes for tomorrow I may need tea, ciggie and an early bed...breakfast booked for 8.30 tomorrow.

Aah! When they said I could have tea refills up to 10.30 they lied. It's all closed. and dark. Pooh!
I smoked furiously at a sudden swarm of midges and took lukewarm water (from home) in with me. It's 11oclock and still only dusk. Wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home